Home   Parents   Letters   2018 – 2019   Nut Allergy

Nut Allergy

30th November 2018

Re: Nut Allergy

Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s),

It has come to our attention that a number of students in the school have an allergic reaction to peanuts/nuts. This allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products, cross contamination and breathing peanuts in the air.

Since this condition can be life threatening, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk by:

  1. Avoiding giving children peanuts in school lunches
  2. Avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in school lunches
  3. Asking children not to share their lunches.
  4. Please avoid adding any nut products to buns for Bun Friday.

Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of allergic reaction.

We thank you for your co-operation.

Mr. S Fennessy

Príomhoide